If you are too attached to those anniversary bouquets or birthday roses, and can’t even think of throwing them away, then why worry? Dished out below are a few amazing ways that help you keep your flowers fresher for longer. Just comb through the tips-
- Yes, it was one of the best birthday parties you have ever thrown. And you received enviably beautiful bunches of flowers and bouquets. Should you let them wither? Of course not! Collect all the empty soda bottles from the birthday night. Gather the leftover soda and pour it into the vase of flowers. The sugar present in the soda will keep the flowers fresh for a long time.
- Another amazing way to keep your flowers looking fresh and lovely is to spray them with hair spray. Sounds weird? Well, not at all. Hair sprays stiffen the petals and leaves of the flowers preventing them from wilting. So, now you understand it’s not just your hair that gets benefitted from your hairspray; it’s your flowers as well.
- This ingredient comes straight from your kitchen pantry. Apple cider vinegar is absolutely amazing when used to keep flowers fresh. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons of sugar and add the mixture to the water present in the vase of flowers. This will increase the longevity of your flowers. But don’t forget to keep changing the concoction every few days. This will make the flowers stay fresher for even longer.
- One thing that you must know is that your flowers wither because they stop receiving nutrients that they would have otherwise obtained had they not been cut. Besides this, the bacteria proliferating in the water makes the withering fast. And that is why adding a few drops of vodka in the water will prevent the growth of bacteria. Addition of a little sugar will provide the necessary nutrients required for the flowers to stay fresh. Keep changing the water as and when required. But don’t forget to put vodka and sugar every time you replace the water in the vase.
- You can also use aspirin to keep flowers fresh. Crush a pill of aspirin and pour the powder into the water and see how it keeps the flowers glowing for a long period of time.
- Does add bleach to the water in the flower vase sounds weird to your ears? In reality, it is an amazing tried and tested a way to keep flowers from withering. The recipe is to add one-fourth teaspoon of bleach to one litre of water. You can also add a little sugar to the mixture to boost the effectiveness of the recipe.
- If you have copper coins at home, they will probably not buy you anything. But they are extremely useful when dropped in the water where you have placed your flowers. Copper in the coins prevents the growth of harmful microorganisms and give your flowers a long life. With the addition of sugar, the flowers last even longer.
Trust us, these tips above are too good not be spread among friends. If you stay in Dehradun, send flowers to Dehradun friends from online outlets. They are simply amazing. And don’t forget to tell them how to keep those flowers fresh for as long as they want.